How to check EPF Balance using UAN Number/ PF Number, Know your Pension Status, PF Claim Status, EPFO Balance Check at www.epfindia.gov.in, Forgot UAN Number/ Reset Your UAN Number, Member Passbook
For checking EPF or the provident balance by utilizing UAN number/ PF number, a simple steps to be applied. All those people who subscribe to the Employees Provident Fund are also aware of Universal account number that is given to them by the authorities or companies where they work. Various employees have got their UAN number and this can be utilized for checking out the EPF balance. in case there is no UAN number allotted to a user then EPF balance or Provident Fund Balance cannot be checked. For this, the person has to check for this number with the employer as this number is already available with them or it is there in the employee’s salary slip. The allotment of this number is very quick by the authorities yet it was very slow in the past.
For checking out the EPF balance online the individual has to check the website of EPFO which is Employees Provident Fund Organisation. This organisation also offers the services in terms of applications, SMS and even a missed call can be given so that the workers EPF balance can be checked. For checking out the PF balance there is a set of 4 steps that have to be performed:
How to activate Universal Account Number (UAN) Online at epfindia.gov.in
1. Visiting the EPFO website – the user has to link the EPFO account with the universal account number and the member passbook can be seen at www.epfindia.gov.in
- Visit the web page mentioned above
- Under the tab ‘Our Services’, click on the option ‘For Employees’
- Under the tab ‘Services’, click on the option ‘Member Passbook’
This Passbook shows the summarized balance as well as the details of the amounts credited to the account.
2. SMS: By linking of the UAN number with the EPFO user can get latest updates via SMS and PF balance can also be known by sending a message stating EPFOHO UAN ENG to 7738299899. In this message ENG stands for English as it is the first three alphabets of the chosen language. Even if a person wants to get the message in any other language then the first three alphabets of that language can replace ENG. For example if the person wants the message to be delivered in Hindi than the message to be sent to the same number will be EPFOHO UAN HIN. However the EPFO can just send the information of the members which is available with it so it is important that an employee ensure that his UAN is linked with the bank account, PAN number for Aadhar number otherwise the employer will have to do that.
3. By giving a missed call: a missed call can be given to a designated number which is 01122901406 from the registered mobile number so that the details can be acquired. Again this needs that the UAN number is linked with the PAN and Aadhaar.
4. By utilizing app: In Google Play Store the user can download ‘M-Sewa’ and then the options of balance / passport has to be chosen followed by the option of member. It will ask for UAN number and the registered mobile number to fetch the details.
Check Your EPF Balance by using UAN Number at unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in
By use of UAN number, the EPF balance can be checked easily by the given process:
- The process starts with activation of UAN
- The user has to put in the UAN number and the mobile number
- A PIN number is generated and send to the user’s mobile
- There is identification of the UAN credentials
- The user has to make a password
- The registration is done on the UAN web page and then the PF balance can be checked by this number. There is an option for downloading the Passbook and details on App too. Also the toll free number can be dialed for checking the balance of EPF i.e. 1800-118-005.
How to Withdrawal PF (Provident Fund) Amount
If the employee’s Basic salary is higher than Rs 6,500, the predetermined upper limit for obligatory PF Gross, his PF part can be computed as 12% of the Basic salary. Alternatively, one can compute PF as 12% of Rs 6,500 rather than Rs 9,000. The Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) interest is computed on the contributions made by the worker in addition to the employer. The employee and the employer contribute the sum equal to 12%/ 10% (involving EPS & EDLI) of his/her basic pay and the dearness allowance (DA).
As the contributions of the worker and the employer are calculated, there is interest computation as per the contribution. The interest is figured out as per the opening balance of every month. Since, for a new worker the opening balance for the initial month is zero, the interest gained on the 1st month is zero. For the subsequent month, interest is calculated on the closing balance of the initial month which is the equivalent of the opening balance of the next month. The closing balance of the previous month acts as opening balance for next month.
Entire EPF balance at the close of the year = Balance at the close of 12th month (Employee’s contribution plus the Employer contribution) + Sum of the interest gained in every month in the year.
Check Your EPF Balance and Member Passbook Online
The PF balance check can be performed by different moods. The PF is a social security arrangement for the workers in which the workers who earn above 15000 each month contribute a fraction of their salary into the PF savings and and equivalent sound is also contributed by the employer. The employees who have more than 20 workers have to get PF registration and they also assign UAN for contributing workers. UAN registration is important for checking the amount of provident fund for the worker. This number is assigned by the employer for the employee and is also known as the unified account number. In case of person is already working with some other organisation and changes to a new one then the previous employers UAN number can also be utilised while joining the new company. The current employer verifies the details and then the previous UAN number is transferred to the new employment.
The balance of PF can also be checked on the employee provident fund portal. for this also the UAN number is require. One can visit https://passbook epfindia.gov.in/MemberPassbook/Login.jsp
For this, the person has to give UAN and password along with completion of capture find the screenshots below show how it can be done. Once the person is locked and then the option for giving passport has to be chosen and after the displaying of the PF balance, the same can be downloaded from the unified portal.Follow the steps and open the member passbook easily:
- Go to the EPF official website at epfindia.gov.in,
- Then place the curser on ‘Our Services’ link,
- Then click on ‘For Employess’, and againf click on the ‘Member passbook’ Link,
- And enter your ‘username and passbook’ and capta code, then click on Login button.
For more details, visit EPF India official website at epfindia.gov.in